Exploring the Extraordinary 4th Conference
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Since its inception in 2007, members of Exploring the Extraordinary have organised three successful academic conferences that have brought together researchers from a variety of different disciplines and backgrounds. The purpose of these events has been to encourage a wider dissemination of knowledge and research, and an interdisciplinary discussion of extraordinary phenomena and experience. By 'extraordinary' we refer to phenomena and experiences that are considered to be beyond the mundane, referring to those that have been called supernatural, paranormal, mystical, transcendent, exceptional, spiritual, magical and/or religious, as well as the relevance of such for human culture.
This year's conference papers will include:
- History, Spiritualism and psychical phenomena
- Parapsychological approaches to paranormal belief and experience
- Revenants in folklore and society
- Spiritual healing and landscape
- Magical performances, magical geographies
- Experiencing alternate realities and entity encounters
- Ghosts and place
- Music and the extraordinary
- Philosophy, the paranormal and questoning spiritual reality
- Extraordinary experiences, emotions and ethics.
Registration for conference is now open.
For more information, and to see past conference schedules, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit:
Saturday, September 22 2012, 9:00am
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?