CFP: Communications in a Changing World: Philosophical and Humanitarian Issues
Submission deadline: Saturday, September 15 2012
Wednesday, November 14 2012 - Friday, November 16 2012
Yugra State University
Today there is no need to talk about the urgency of the communication problems. It is extremely important for the Siberian North – the area of active dialogue, interaction, mentalities, cultures and languages.
For the Finno-Ugric peoples, who gave the name to the Yugra, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okgug, the problems caused by globalization, are even more acute. Native smaller peoples of the North are very concerned about preserving their culture and traditional lifestyle, way of life.
But it is impossible to resist to globalization. How to respond to its challenges being yourself without losing your own face? How to find a place in the changing world for ethnic groups, leading the traditional way of life? These and other issues care the scientific community not only in Russia but also in other countries facing similar problems.
The Yugra State University, one of the youngest universities in Russia celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2011, is the largest science center in the North-West Siberia. We invite you to participate in our conference.
You will be able to participate in the conference in person or in absentia, pointing it during the registration at the conference website. The registration fee is not collected, but unfortunately we can not pay for transport charges and other costs connected with travel to and stay in the city of Khanty-Mansiysk.
We plan to discuss the following issues:
- Communication, sociality and historicity in the phenomenological philosophy. Coord.: Alexey Eduardovych Savin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication in the modern socio-cultural environment. Coord.: Lubov Anatolyevna Tretyakova, L_Tretyakova@ugrasu.ru
- Languages in a globalizing world: contacts, update, identity. Coord.: Eugeniy Alexandrovych Igushev, email@example.com
- The law in the era of globalization. Coord.: Stanislav Vasilyevych Rozenko, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The problems of modern science and liberal education. Coord.: Oleg Anatolyevych Yavoruk, email@example.com
- The North in a global world: tradition and modernization, the problems of native smaller peoples. Coord.: Tatyana Vladimirovna Voldina, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your proposal (no more than 4,000 characters) with the application for participation to the section coordinators listed above before September 15. We will notify you the abstracts acceptance or their rejection within one month from the receipt. The collection of abstracts (ISSBN) will be published to the beginning of the conference and will be posted to the largest Russian libraries and given to all conference participants.