CFP: Florida State University Graduate Philosophy Conference on Free Will and Moral Responsibility
Submission deadline: Sunday, July 15 2012
Friday, September 28 2012 - Saturday, September 29 2012
Florida State University Philosophy Graduate Student Association
Tallahassee, United States
The Philosophy Graduate Student Association (PGSA) of Florida State University is now accepting submissions for their graduate conference on free will, moral responsibility, and agency.
The conference will take place at Florida State University on September 28 and 29, 2012.
Keynote speakers will be:
· Robert H. Kane, Professor Emeritus of Philosophy, University of Texas at Austin
· Alfred R. Mele, William H. and Lucyle T. Werkmeister Professor of Philosophy, Florida State University
Those interested in submitting high quality papers related to free will and moral responsibility (including papers on the wider notion of agency) should email their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Papers addressing the relationship between scientific developments (especially in psychology, neuroscience, or physics) and free will are also welcome. Papers should fulfill the following criteria:
· Prepared for blind review
· No more than 4,000 words
· Suitable for 25-minute presentation
· Preceded by an abstract of 150-250 words
Along with the paper, please also submit a cover page with the following information:
· Presenter’s name
· Institutional affiliation
· Contact information (email address or phone number)
· Title of paper
· Abstract of the paper
· Word count
We will notify those whose papers have been accepted by August 12.
For questions or further information, please contact Kyle Fritz (email@example.com), Dan Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Robyn Waller (email@example.com).