Western Canadian Philosophical Association
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Everyone in the world is welcome to propose a panel, submit a paper, and/or volunteer to comment or chair. Each person may submit a maximum of one paper, but submitting a paper does not preclude proposing a panel or volunteering to comment or chair. It is permitted to propose more than one panel.
To propose a panel:
- Email your proposed topic and speakers/commentators to WCPAMeeting2014@gmail.com.
- Panels should include between two and four invited participants, and be suitable for a two-hour programme slot.
- Before proposing a panel you should ensure that all participants have confirmed that they will take part if the panel is selected.
- If your proposal is for an Author Meets Critics panel, please mention the title of the book and its year of publication in your proposal.
To submit a paper:
- Send your paper by email attachment to WCPAMeeting2014@gmail.com.
- Submitted papers from all areas of the discipline are welcome.
- All papers are anonymously reviewed: the author’s name and institution, and any other identifying information (e.g. acknowledgements), must be removed from the paper (including the abstract, footnotes or endnotes, and bibliography) before submission.
- The maximum paper length is 3,000 words and longer papers cannot be considered. This word count does not include the abstract or bibliography, but does include any footnotes or endnotes. Papers should take no longer than 30 minutes to present.
- The body of your email must include your name, the title of your paper, the word count for your paper, and your contact information.
- Acceptable file formats for attachments are .pdf, .rtf, .doc and .docx.
- An abstract of up to 200 words should be included at the beginning of the paper.
To volunteer to comment or chair:
- Contact WCPAMeeting2014@gmail.comby September 1, 2014 and let us know your areas of expertise.
- Speakers and commentators may be asked to chair an adjacent session.
The conference is open to all; graduate and undergraduate students are welcome.
For further information please visit the conference website:
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?