Respect, recognition and social-relational equality
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The aims of this workshop are, first, to develop a better understanding of
the links between social or relational egalitarianism (for short, social
egalitarianism) – and theories of respect and recognition. Second, the
workshop aims to determine how a normative framework based on respect,
recognition and social equality can help to provide guidance on public
policy and to address applied ethical problems such as those of poverty,
gender injustice and health inequalities.
Confirmed speakers are:
• Kimberley Brownlee (University of Warwick);
• Eszter Kollar (University of Frankfurt);
• Arto Laitinen (University of Tampere);
• Cillian McBride (Queen’s University Belfast);
• Gottfried Schweiger (University of Salzburg);
• Juri Viehoff (University of Zurich).
The workshop organizers are:
• Carina Fourie (University of Zurich);
• Fabian Schuppert (Queen’s University Belfast);
• Ivo Wallimann-Helmer (University of Zurich).
The workshop is generously sponsored by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), the University Research Priority Program for Ethics (URPP for Ethics) at the University of Zurich, and the Zürcher Universitätsverein (ZUNIV).
For more information, follow this link:
Participation is free but space is limited so please register if you would
like to attend. To register, please send a request per email to Carina
Fourie stating your name and affiliation: firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 28, 2015, 9:00am CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?