CFP: 2018 APA Eastern Division Meeting
Submission deadline: July 1, 2017
January 3, 2018 - January 6, 2018
American Philosophical Association (APA) Eastern Division
Savannah, United States
Organized by the American Association for the Philosophic Study of Society
Deadline: July 1, 2017
The American Association for the Philosophic Study of Society invites presenters to submit abstracts for its upcoming session, "The Ethics of Ethics Committees,” at the Eastern Division meeting of the APA, January 3-6, 2018, in Savannah, GA.
This session will explore the nature, benefits, and future promise of the ethics committee.
Possible topics to include:
- The role of ethics committees in bioethics;
- Principalism and public philosophy;
- Case-based reasoning;
- Ethics consultation practices;
- The nature of consensus on ethical issues;
- Decision-making in committees;
- Ethics committees and justification of the status quo in medicine;
- Ethics committees and biomedical controversy;
- Ethics committees and their role in end-of-life issues;
- The intersection of philosophy and professional ethics;
- The use of/ potential for ethics committees in fields other than medicine;
- and related issues.
To apply to participate in the session, please email session organizer Jennifer Baker (email@example.com) by July 1, 2017, with the following information: in the body of the email, please include your name, institutional affiliation, position, and contact information. Attached to the email, please include a brief (250-to-500-word), anonymized abstract of the paper or talk you wish to present. The committees will select 3 presenters for the panel by July 15, 2017. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Jennifer Baker at the email address above.