CFP: Teaching Logic and Prospects of its Development, the 8th International conference
Submission deadline: March 19, 2018
May 17, 2018 - May 18, 2018
Department of Logic, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to
1. Logic as a research field and academic discipline: checks and balances.
2. Logic for the philosophy students: required curriculum and its implementation.
3. Major in logic: its scope and limits.
4. Logic and related courses (informal logic, theory of argumentation, rhetoric, eristic, etc.).
5. General logic course for non-philosophy students: needs and prospects.
6. International trends in logic education and its relevance for Ukrainian context.
7. Advances and promising directions in development of modern logic, and their implementation in philosophy and logic curricula.
Philippe Balbiani (Institut de recherche en informatique de Toulouse, Toulouse University, France)
Gabriel Sandu (University of Helsinki, Finland)
Yaroslav Shramko (Kryvyi Rih State Pedagogical University, Ukraine)
March 19, 2018 – registration and abstract submission deadline
April 2, 2018 – author notification of acceptance or rejection
April 16, 2018 – attendance confirmation deadline
Abstract: 200-300 words. Authors of papers selected for publication will be invited to participate in Conference Proceedings.
Working language of conference: English, Ukrainian.
Venue and Accommodation
The conference will take place in the historic main building of the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv in the very city center of the capital of Ukraine. Organizers will cover accommodation and meals for participants from aboard.
Registration and Submission page
You may contact organizers of the conference by the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org