CFP: Culture and Dialogue 2019 issue: "Dialogue and Creativity"
Submission deadline: Today
Culture and Dialogue is an international peer reviewed print and electronic journal of cross-cultural philosophy and humanities. The Journal provides a forum for researchers from philosophy as well as other disciplines who study cultural formations dialogically, through comparative analysis, or within the tradition of hermeneutics. For each issue, Culture and Dialogue seeks to bring manuscripts together with a common denominator.
The next 2019 issue (Volume 7, Number 1) will focus on the theme of Dialogue and Creativity:
“Dialogue and creativity” can encompass a great many specifically philosophical themes and issues, and some ideas involving dialogical relationships include:
· Comparative philosophy of creativity, which may analyse one or more particular non-Western perspectives and how they can engage the current field of Western philosophy of creativity. Among many relevant topics are virtue, knowledge, metaphysics, aesthetics, mind, language, personal identity, imagination and artificial intelligence.
· Philosophical reflection on the range of scientific approaches to creativity, as well as enquiry into the nature of creativity in mathematics and the sciences.
· The role and significance of creativity in culture and society, including learning and education.
· Creativity in the arts, and the art of creativity.
· Creativity and the interpretive tradition of philosophy (e.g., personalism, existentialism, phenomenology, hermeneutics).
· Creativity, interdisciplinarity and multidisciplinarity.
We welcome essays that address any of these issues from different cultural perspectives or philosophical traditions.
Submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Authors: www.culture-dialogue.net/notes-for-authors
Deadline: Open until selection standards are met
More about the Journal:
Honorary Member: Tzvetan Todorov 1939-2017
Editor in Chief: Gerald Cipriani National University of Ireland, Galway
Associate Editor: Martin Ovens University of Oxford (UK)
Assistant Editor: Loni Reynolds University of Roehampton (UK)
Manuscript Editor Erika Mandarino Tulane University (USA)
Book Review Editor: Robert Clarke Lancaster University (UK)