Philosophy of Education
Faculty of Arts Conference venue
Giza, Egypt 12613
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
DRAFT CONFERENCE PROGRAM
The 6th Annual International Conference on Philosophy
20-21 Cairo-Egypt 2019 ‘Philosophy of Education”
On the Occasion of the World Philosophy Day 21 November 2019
* This is a draft program and not the final program. Within each session, Please find your name and session. The draft program is disseminated for informational purposes only and can be subject to (hopefully very minor) change without further notice. Changing sessions and times is not possible. If there are typos (especially those regarding your name and affiliation), please email Prof.email@example.com
Welcome and Opening Remarks
Hoda el Khouly: Head of the Department of Philosophy
Ahmed el Sherbini: Dean of The faculty of Arts
Mohamed Othman el Khosht: President of Cairo University
Keynote Speaker: Prof. Hassan Hanafi
The Philosophy of Education: Basic Concepts President: Hassan Hanafi
- Jure Zovko The Relevance of Hegel's Concept of Education for Contemporary Life.
- Alexandros Basis The Philosophy of Mathematics Education.
15.00 - 13.30
Philosophy of Education according to Ancient Greek Philosophy
President: Mostafa el Nashaar
- Mostafa Ramadan On Education Socrates versus Plato.
- Mahmoud Murad Philosophy of Education by the Sophists.
- Karam al-Hawat Philosophy of Education by Pythagorean Women.
17.30 - 16.00
President: Raga Ahmed
Philosophy of Education according to Arab and Islamic world (1)
- Sarah Mohamed Hashim Duty of Philosophy towards our Educational and Societal Crises.
- Qassim al-Mahbashi A Mindful Up bringing of Children through Philosophy.
- Mohamed Wahba Afifi Philosophy’s Potential in Improving Education.
- Bumana Mohamed Philosophy for Children (P4C): Why and How?
- Thursday 21-11-2019
- Fourth session
President: Abd el Rady Radwan
Philosophy of Education according to Arab and Islamic world (2)
Philosophy for children P4C
President: Hoda el Khouly
- Huda el Kafi A Personal Account of Teaching Philosophy to Children in Tunisia.
- Gamil Abul-Abbas Bakri. Can Children Learn Philosophy?
- Mohamed Omar Danash Islamic Pedagogy.
- Sixth session
President: Said Tawfik
Philosophy of Education & Aesthetics
- Alaa Helmy Cinematic Picture of Philosophy of Education.
- Ali Sayed Abdul-Nabi Meditations on Transcendental Philosophy and the Ego.
- Fatma Mostafa Popularizing Philosophy through Cinema.
- Haytham el-Sayed Learning Kids Logical Thinking through Play.
- Seventh session
President: Sherif Shaheen
Philosophy of Education & Technology
- Wael Ahmed Sabra Data Epistemology: Big Data as a Source of Knowledge.
- Abdul-Halim Balwahim Digital Education and Contemporary Challenges in the Arab World.
- Karim el-Saiad Fundamentals of Technology and Technology of Fundamentals-How the Internet-Society Affected the Concept of "Fundamentals of Religion and Fiqh" in the religious Education.
Conclusions & Remarks
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?