CFP: Minorities and Philosophy Special Session at the PSA2020 Biennial Meeting
Submission deadline: June 8, 2020
Minorities and Philosophy (MAP) is submitting a proposal for a special session at the Philosophy of Science Association 2020 Biennial Meeting in Baltimore on Thursday, Nov. 19, 2020. We are seeking paper abstracts that address topics in philosophy of science that are of special interests to MAP. Each presentation should be around 30 minutes, including Q&A.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Philosophy of science perspectives on diversity and on the underrepresentation of women and minorities in science, philosophy, and academia,
- Socially engaged philosophy of science, especially as it address the COVID-19 pandemic,
- Feminist philosophy of science,
- The intersection of feminist philosophy/philosophy of race and the special sciences,
- Values in science and science policy,
- Philosophy of science and inclusive pedagogy,
- Substantially engaging with underrepresented historical figures in philosophy of science.
We particularly encourage submissions by members of underrepresented groups in philosophy, graduate students, and junior scholars. We plan to accept 3 abstracts in total.
Abstracts should be no more than 800 words and in a PDF format prepared for anonymous review. You can submit via this link (https://forms.gle/m9pHGH878NmPzHns9) by June 8, 2020. You will hear back from us by June 20. You can contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Please note that per PSA policy, no one is permitted to present more than once at PSA2020 (excluding presentations at the poster forum).
We understand the immense uncertainties due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the event that you are unable or unwilling to travel to Baltimore to present in person, we will strive to provide remote presentation as an option.
For members of underrepresented groups in philosophy, the Underrepresented Philosophy of Science Scholars (UPSS) Initiative provides a travel grant to defray travel costs to attend the meeting.