CFP: Social Ethics Society Journal of Applied Philosophy/ Philosophy and Marginalized Voices: The Philippines and Southeast Asia
Submission deadline: December 30, 2021
PHILOSOPHY AND MARGINALIZED VOICES: THE PHILIPPINES AND SOUTHEAST ASIA
The special issue (target publication date is March 2022) of the Social Ethics Society Journal of Applied Philosophy seeks to collate philosophical works which focus on marginalized voices. These include the voices of traditionally silenced sectors in the Philippines and Southeast Asia such as women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, indigenous peoples, the poor, and other underrepresented groups. It also looks at the intersectional factors of marginalization, the current issues that surround them, and how philosophical discourses can contribute to more inclusive dialogues and polyphonies. We especially seek submissions from underrepresented demographics. The deadline for the submission of full papers is on December 30, 2021.
The special issue editor is Hazel T. Biana, PhD, Associate Professor of the Department of Philosophy, De La Salle University-Manila, and Research Fellow of the DLSU-Southeast Asia Research Center and Hub (SEARCH).
- Submitted articles should have a high level of scholarship, and should be free from typos and grammatical errors. The editors and referees have to approve the articles for publication.
- The submission should not have been previously published, nor reviewed in another journal for publication.
- Articles should be about 4,000 to 8,000 words long, including notes and references. The manuscript should include an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word document file format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements of the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Manuscripts should be prepared for blind review. The article itself should contain no reference to the author’s identity.
- Please visit http://ses-journal.com/submissions/ for more details
The Social Ethics Society Journal of Applied Philosophy (ISSN: 2546-1885) is an open-access journal indexed in the ASEAN Citation Index (ACI) and the Philosopher’s Index.