Parental Duties and Over Demandingness
Øster Farimagsgade 5
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
This workshop is a one-day, in-person-only event, in which we will explore a range of questions about the nature of family ties and parental responsibilities.
Although this is primarily a philosophical workshop, we welcome attendees from all backgrounds and disciplines at this workshop. We would especially encourage scholars to engage in cross-disciplinary dialogue about reproduction, family conceptions, environmental concerns.
The workshop is part of ‘The Future of Family Relationships’ research project, funded by VELUX.
- 10:00-10:50 Fiona Woollard (Southampton) – The Metaphysics of Gender and Resistance to Normative Motherhood
- 11:00-11:50 Seppe Segers (Ghent) – Moral obligation in treating the not-yet-born: future ethical dilemmas
- 12:00-12:50 Elisabeth Furberg (Linköping) – The ethics of regretting one’s children
- 14:00-14:50 Martin Sticker (Bristol) with Felix Pinkert (Vienna) – Climate change and permissible procreation – The collective obligation to reach Net Zero
- 15:00-15:50 Daniela Cutas (Lund) – Epigenetics and responsibility for children
Abstracts for talks may be found here: https://futurabioethics.wordpress.com/abstracts/
Registration We are not planning to hold this event in a hybrid/online format. There are a limited number of spaces for in-person attendance; please e-mail [email protected] to register no later than June 8th, 2022. In keeping with catering considerations, please also let us know if you wish to attend all day or just one/some of the talks.
The event will take place at Panum (Maersk Tower), Room 7.15.149, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen.
June 8, 2022, 6:00pm CET