Levinas in Kaunas
Putvinskio st. 14
- Lithuanian University of Health Science, Kaunas
- Société internationale de Recherche Emmanuel Levinas (France)
- Fondation du Judaïsme Français (France)
- ERRaPhiS University of Toulouse - Jean-Jaurès, Toulouse (France)
- North American Levinas Society (USA)
- Fondation pour la mémoire de la Shoah (France)
- Alliance Israelite Universelle
- Kaunas City Municipality
- The Jewish Center, Kaunas
- Philosophie Magazine (France
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
“Levinas in Kaunas” is a five-day international event which will celebrate the work and the person of Emmanuel Levinas. It will take place at the LSMU Emmanuel Levinas Center* in Kaunas, Levinas' hometown. It will bring together French, Lithuanian, Belgium, Polish, Ukrainian, Canadian, American, Japanese, and Israeli invited speakers.
“Levinas in Kaunas” consists of an international conference and an international workshop:
- From July 4 to July 7 (morning), 2022: The international conference “The “young Levinas”: from solitude to alterity” will be dedicated to the youth of Emmanuel Levinas in Lithuania (1906-1923) and the elaboration of his philosophy between 1923 and 1960. This will be the first time ever that an international Levinas’ conference is specifically dedicated to this period of Levinas philosophy.
- July 7 (afternoon) and July 8, 2022: The infinite responsibility for the Other, which is at the center of Levinas' ethics elaborated after 1960 has direct implications in bio and medical ethics. The international workshop, “Ethical perspectives of health care practices”, will address the concrete implications of Levinas’ thought for the philosophy of care.
Levinas in Kaunas is an hybrid event. Registration is mandatory to receive the Zoom link:
Program to download:
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?