CLMPST 2023 - 17th Congress on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology: Science and Values in an Uncertain World
Av. Córdoba 2122
Buenos Aires C1113
Talks at this conferenceView all | Add a talk
Welcome to CLMPST-2023, the 17th edition of the International Congress on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology.
CLMPST is the premier forum on Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology. Its aim is to bring together active researchers in this broad field. The International Congress of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology (CLMPST) is organized under the auspices of the Division of Logic, Methodology and Philosophy of Science and Technology of the International Union of History and Philosophy of Science and Technology(DLMPST/IUHPST).
CLMPST has a long history — it started in 1960, and is held every four years since then in capital cities and/or by famous university centres. Recent previous CLMPST Congresses were held in Prague (2019), Helsinki (2015), Nancy (2011), and Beijing (2007). The 2023 edition will take place in Buenos Aires.
In this edition of the congress the theme is Science and Values in an Uncertain World. CLMPST 2023 takes place in a world that, in many ways, is quite different from the one we knew just a few years ago. The 2020 pandemic questioned our sense of security reminding us we live in a fragile environment with an uncertain future. The challenges of our time, from the pandemics to climate change, make it particularly appropriate to ponder on the role of values in science and technology, from the ethics of empirical research and scientific communication, to the design of public policies that need the weighing of scientific evidence; from discussions on biases in the design of algorithms, to reflections on the responsible development of Artificial Intelligence.
We invite papers and symposia on all topics pertaining to our fields, presented by researchers from all regions and cultures of our academic world.
As in previous editions, CLMPST 2023 aims to foster connections between the research fields of history of science and technology and philosophy of science and technology, as well as research studying the foundations and methodology of science and technology. We are looking forward to having papers and symposia on all topics pertaining to our fields, from mathematical logic to metaphilosophy, from the foundations of the exact sciences to the philosophy of the social sciences, presented by researchers from all regions and cultures of the world.
CLMPST 2023 calls for contributed papers and contributed symposia in 20 thematic sections:
- A.1 Mathematical Logic
- A.2 Philosophical Logic
- A.3 Computational Logic and Applications of Logic
- A.4 Historical Aspects of Logic
B. General Philosophy of Science
- B.1 Methodology
- B.2 Formal Philosophy of Science and Formal Epistemology
- B.3 Empirical and Experimental Philosophy of Science
- B.4 Metaphysical Issues in the Philosophy of Science
- B.5 Ethical, Social and Political Issues in the Philosophy of Science
- B.6 Historical Aspects in the Philosophy of Science
- B.7 Educational Aspects of Philosophy of Science
C. Philosophical Issues of Particular Disciplines
- C.1 Philosophy of the Formal Sciences (including Logic, Mathematics, Statistics)
- C.2 Philosophy of the Physical Sciences (including Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science, Climate Science)
- C.3. Philosophy of the Biological Sciences
- C.4 Philosophy of the Biomedical and Health Sciences
- C.5 Philosophy of the Cognitive and Behavioural Sciences
- C.6. Philosophy of Computing and Computation
- C.7 Philosophy of the Humanities and the Social Sciences
- C.8 Philosophy of the Applied Sciences and Technology
- C.9 Philosophy of Emerging and Interdisciplinary Sciences
The language of the congress is English.
April 30, 2023, 9:00am ART