Summer Seminar in Science and the Big Questions
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The Abraham Kuyper Center for Science and Religion at VU University Amsterdam hosts a Summer Seminar on Science and the Big Questions. Well known experts will give lectures and debate each other in the following areas:
- cognitive science of religion
- free will and brain research
- evolution, morality and Christian belief
- cosmology, finetuning and God.
Confirmed speakers are:
Patricia Churchland, David Lahti, Rodney Holder, Jesse Bering, Johan
Braeckman, Herman Philipse, Gijsbert van den Brink, Michiel van Elk, Leon
de Bruin and Tim O’Connor.
The seminar is intended for two groups:
(1) (PhD-)students/post-docs within the field of natural sciences who have an interest in positively and intelligently relating some of the topics they cover in their fields of study to philosophical questions and (2) (PhD-)students/post-docs in the fields of philosophy and theology who have an interest in speaking knowledgeably about the intersection between science and religion.
The goal of the seminar is to create a learning environment for (PhD-)students/post-docs in which they interact with highly qualified scholars on science/religion issues so as to move beyond the easy warfare rhetoric.
Costs: The fee for the seminar is 100 euros for (PHD-)students and 200 euros for others.
This fee includes lunches and dinners and some surprise social activities in the beautiful old city of Amsterdam. Application: The seminar can at most have 60 participants. A short letter of application must be send to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2013.
More information can be found at our website:
June 1, 2013, 2:00pm CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?