New and Enduring Themes in the History and Philosophy of Quantum, Statistical, and Thermal Physics: Celebrating Jos Uffink’s Research at Minnesota
215 Humphrey (Wilkins Room)
301 19th Ave S
- Minnesota Center for Philosophy of Science
- University of Minnesota Department of Philosophy
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Jos Uffinkwill retire from the University of Minnesota at the end of 2022, having spent a decade with us as Professor of Philosophy and a faculty affiliate of the Program in the History of Science, Technology, and Medicine. While Jos’s essays arewidely taken“to master and explicate [their] subject so thoroughly as to bluff everyone else into thinking there is nothing left to say,” this conference celebrates the enduring vitality of the themes in Jos’s research in the history and philosophy of quantum, statistical, and thermal physics.
- This conference will be both in-person and online.
- Registrationis required, but free. Registrants attending online will receive a Zoom link via email.
- Workshop dinner at 7 PM, Nov. 7, venue TBA. Cost will be ~$80. Registrants who indicate an interest in attending the dinner will receive information via email regarding payment methods.
- Current UMN Covid protocolswill be in effect.
The following event website will be updated with further information regarding the conference:
October 17, 2022, 9:00am EST