Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Following up on the Accelerationism workshop at Goldsmiths in September 2010, there will be a series of workshops on new accelerationism (political, economical, aesthetic, epistemic, etc.) this year, the first of which will take place on the 15th of May. Our main objective for this first meeting will be to try and define what accelerationism might mean and how it may operate in various theoretical and practical fields. The session will combine short presentations and open discussions, with some written material circulated in advance.
Benedict Singleton, Nick Srnicek, Alex Williams, Pete Wolfendale, Jon Lindblom
Papers and other reading material will be made available online in advance at
http://accelerationism.wordpress.com, and twitter discourse can be followed (and joined) under the #Accelerate hashtag (for the most part).
Aims and Themes:
- Defining a new accelerationism, using the work of Mark Fisher, Reza Negarestani, and Ray Brassier as a starting point.
- Accelerationism and new leftist politics.
- Accelerationism and the meaning of freedom.
- Accelerationism as philosophy of technology.
- Accelerationist aesthetics.
- Accelerationism and economic theory/modelling.
- Accelerationism, neuroscience and stereoscopy of manifest and scientific image.
- Accelerationism and prosthetic adaptation of the body and brain, of the environment (geoengineering), and our interface with it (Social media, HCI etc.).
- Accelerationism with regards to limits of the computational paradigm.
Free – No Booking Required
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?