CFP: AAPT Grant for Innovations in Teaching
Submission deadline: October 17, 2022
The American Association of Philosophy Teachers (AAPT) offers competitive small grants ranging from $250-$1000 to support projects involving innovations in teaching philosophy. Preference will be given to those projects that have a broad appeal. Grant applications should specify the aim of the project, its learning goals, criteria of success, and proposed timeline. Projects should be implemented and assessed during the calendar year 2023. Grant recipients are required to submit a final project report, including any relevant qualitative or quantitative data, for posting on the AAPT website.
Eligibility: Open to any instructor teaching at the college-level: full-time, part-time, adjuncts, and grad students are all welcome. Must be a current AAPT member.
- For further information about the American Association of Philosophy Teachers, please visit our website (https://philosophyteachers.org/).
- To join the AAPT, please visit https://www.pdcnet.org/aapt/American-Association-of-Philosophy-Teachers-(AAPT).
- For further information about the AAPT Grant, please visit https://philosophyteachers.org/aapt-grants-for-innovation-in-teaching/.
Applications: To request an AAPT Grant for Innovations in Teaching, send:
- Project description narrative of approximately 500-1000 words that addresses the following elements:
- Overall description of the project;
- Learning goals the project addresses & how it addresses them;
- Relevant or related previous work and any results;
- Timeline for project;
- Criteria of success;
- How the project will be assessed;
- Plans to share results (e.g., to present work at the AAPT or other regional or local venues); and
- Budget: Specific amount requested with an estimated list of expenses. Please include whether one is getting any funding from other sources.
Please note that AAPT grants cannot include salary or stipend for the recipient.
- Current curriculum vitae, including contact information of one reference.
Send your completed application materials as pdf attachments with “AAPT Grant” in the subject line to: [email protected].