CFP: 6th Undergraduate Philosophy Conference
Submission deadline: October 21, 2022
November 19, 2022
Bilkent Philosophical Society, Department of Philosophy, University of Bilkent
Call for Abstracts:
We invite undergraduate students from all departments and universities to take part in the 6th Bilkent International Undergraduate Philosophy Conference on Saturday, November 19, 2022, which will be held online via Zoom.
The purpose of this conference is to provide an academic platform for undergraduate students to share their philosophical views and arguments with their peers.
Presentations will be in the form of a 20-minute (live or pre-recorded) talk followed by a 10-minute question-answer session. Pre-recorded presentations are possible but the question and answer session that follows the presentation will be live in each case.
- There is no restriction on the subject matter, as long as a philosophical argument is presented.
- Submissions and all other inquiries should be sent by e-mail to [email protected]
- Participants should send an abstract of 300-500 words.
- Your abstract should have the title on top, but it should be anonymous and not in any way give away the identity of the author (this is necessary for the blind-review process).
- Please include in the body of the submission e-mail your full name, university affiliation, the title of your paper, and your contact information (such as your e-mail address). Also, please indicate whether you would like to make a live or pre-recorded presentation.
- The submitted abstracts and PowerPoint presentations should be in English. The conference language will be exclusively English.
- The deadline for submission is October 21, 2022. Accepted submissions will be announced by October 25, 2022.
All presenters are expected to use PowerPoint (or similar) slides during their presentations. The accepted participants will submit either their pre-recorded video or PowerPoint (or similar) presentation by November 12, 2022.
Among the accepted submissions that are presented successfully at the conference, some of them will be selected by the conference committee to be published on Bilkent Philosophy YouTube Channel, with the permission of the presenter. Also, the longer version of their abstract of the selected presentations will have the chance for publication in Prokopton, Bilkent University Undergraduate Journal of Philosophy (prokopton.bilkent.edu.tr), as part of the conference proceedings. The final decision about publication belongs to the Prokopton editorial board.
- October 21, 2022: Submission Deadline
- October 25, 2022: Announcement of Accepted Submissions
- November 12, 2022: Pre-recorded Video or Slide Submission Deadline
- November 19, 2022: Conference Date
#Philosophy Events, #Turkey Events, #Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, #Philosophy, #Call for Papers