CFP ***Deadline extension***: 17th Gateway Graduate Conference: Metaethics, Metaepistemology & Metanormativity
Submission deadline: February 4, 2023
March 31, 2023 - April 1, 2023
UMSL Philosophers' Forum
Saint Louis, United States
***Updated 1/21/23 for a deadline extension***
The University of Missouri – St. Louis’ Philosophers’ Forum invites submissions from current graduate students that explore the topic of metanormativity. Papers on metanormativity and related areas are welcome, including:
· Aesthetic, epistemic, and moral norms;
· Reasons (for action, belief, intention or other attitudes);
· Whether ought implies can;
· The semantics of moral terms;
· Instrumental Rationality;
Papers that address the intersection of norms with one or multiple areas are also welcome.
The event will take place in person, but be broadcasted by Zoom for those interested. Presenters will all have the opportunity to present their work and to receive comments and questions in real-time. Speakers at the conference are expected to attend a majority of their fellow speakers’ presentations unless otherwise unable to do so.
Keynote speakers of this year:
Jeff Behrends (Harvard)
Zoe Jenkin (Wash U)
There will be a $100.00 prize for the best graduate student paper, announced at the end of the conference.
To apply, please submit until February 4th 2023*:
1) A paper prepared for anonymous review, not exceeding 3500 words in length.
2) A separate cover sheet including name, institutional affiliation, contact information, paper title, word count, and an abstract of no more than 300 words to Henrique Cassol ([email protected]). If you wish to apply for the prize of best graduate student paper, state so.
Those interested in attending the conference in a different capacity (as a commentator or as an attendee) should contact Henrique Cassol ([email protected]). For any questions or concerns, please contact [email protected] or [email protected].
*The review process of conference submission will start on January 27th but papers are accepted until February 4th.