CFP: VIII Annual Moscow Conference «Transcendental Turn in Contemporary Philosophy – 8: Metaphysics, Epistemology, Cognitive Science and AI»
Submission deadline: February 28, 2023
April 20, 2023 - April 22, 2023
STATE ACADEMIC UNIVERSITY OF THE HUMANITIES
RUSSIAN STATE UNIVERSITY FOR THE HUMANITIES
Foundation for the Humanities
INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIС WORKSHOP (conference)
Transcendental Turn in Contemporary Philosophy – 8: Metaphysics, Epistemology, Cognitive Science and AI
Faculty of Philosophy of the SAUH, Faculty of Philosophy of the RSUH, Faculty of philosophy of the RUDN university, Foundations for the Humanities invite you to participate in the 8-th Moscow’s International Transcendental Workshop (Conference).
The workshop-2023 continues the series of thematic workshops “Transcendental Turn in Contemporary Philosophy” which were held in April 2016 (proceedings: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29024766), April 2017 (proceedings: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=30560011), April 2018 (theses: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35240888), April 2019 (theses: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=39452678, proceedings: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=41494716), April/October 2020 (theses: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp? id=44404439), April 2021(theses: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=47196636; proceedings: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=48458596); April 2022(theses: https://www.elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=49505613; proceedings:https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=50073454).
Perspective/scope of the conference. In his definition of transcendental philosophy Kant postulates shift (turn) from studying of objects to studying of [aprioristic] mode of cognition [CPR, B25] as «the altered method of our thinking» [CPR, BVXIII]. Such transcendental turn, on the one hand, leads to new metaphysics, but, on the other hand, the shift to studying of "mode of our cognition" predetermines influence of a transcendentalism on contemporary development of epistemology, cognitive sciences, and artificial intelligence.
Format of the workshop–2023: there will be several thematic sessions in the mixed format (offline and online talks).
Main themes (sessions/round tables) of the workshop:
Ø 1.1. Transcendental philosophy: ontology, metaphysics of experience or epistemology (moderator S.L. Katrechko)
Ø 1.2. Transcendentalism, cognitive science and perspective of AI (moderator A.Yu. Alekseev)
Ø 1.3. From a transcendentalism to a neurotranscendentalism (round table; moderator S.L. Katrechko)
Ø 2.1. Epistemology and cognitive sciences in neokantianism(moderator V.N. Belov)
Ø 2.2. From neokantianism to post-neokantiasm (moderator M.E. Soboleva)
Ø 3.1. Transcendental phenomenology: ontology or/and epistemology (moderator A.A. Shiyan).
Ø 3.2. Phenomenology and cognitive science (moderator A.B. Patkul)
Ø 3.3. Reflection in transcendental perspective (round table; moderator N.I. Kuznetsova).
Deadline of order taking (theses) for participation — February 26, 2023.
o Keynote reports (30 – 40 min.)
o Thematic (section) performances (15 – 20 min.);
o Performances in a format of "a round table" (5 – 7 min.).
Venue: Moscow: SAUH, RSUH, RUDN.
Conditions for participants: organizing committee does not cover travelling and living expenses, but willing to give necessary informational support.
Organizing & Program Committee:Chairman – member of Russian Academy of Sciences V.A. Lektorsky, co-chairman PhD S.L. Katrechko, Prof. V.N. Belov, Prof. M.E.Soboleva, PhD А.А. Shiyan.
Background information: E-mail: [email protected]
For additional information contact Katrechko Sergey ([email protected]; +7 (977)3824070) and Shiyan Anna ([email protected];+7 (916)0511324). Information will be also placed on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/832680423448942/.
Address of steering committee: room 225, H.26, Maronovsky Lane, Moscow, 119049, Russian Federation; +7 (499) 238-47-04.
To participate in the workshop it is necessary to send the entry (see ann.1) and theses of the talks (up to 12000 symbols; Word) to email [email protected] before the 26 of February 2023. Theses must be provided with an abstract and background information about the author (full name, degree, place of employment, contacts; see the requirements in ann.2). Digest of theses is planned to be published before the workshop starts.
The Proceedings of the workshop is planned to be published, while chosen papers of the contributors will be published in “Transcendental journal”(https://transcendental.su/).
Yours respectfully, Conference Organizing Committee
Rules for drafting of theses for the Transcendental Workshop – 7
1. Theses must be presented on А4 210х297 mm format with the margins: the left margin – 20 mm, the right one – 15 mm, the upper margin – 15 mm and the bottom one – 15 mm. Don’t number the pages. Drafting should be done in Microsoft Word, font – Times New Roman.
2. On the left, at the top, in italics and lower case – a name and a surname of an author, then with the standard font: a degree, a place of employment (studying), a city [country].
3. Annotation (abstract): up to 100 words (Times New Roman font size 11, in italics).
4. Key words: 5 – 7 words (Times New Roman font size 11, in italics).
5. Then skip a line, and on the next one in a bold font in the centre write a name of the theses.
6. Next through the line - the text of the papers: alignment in width, font Times New Roman, size 12, line spacing 1. Without footnotes; References should be minimized.
7. References to the literature should be made in the text, in square brackets (the source number from the list, page numbers separated by commas). After the text of the article – References (font size 11).
8. Theses size – 2000 words (up to 12000 characters with spaces, 3-4 page in general).