Georgian PhD Summer School in Ethics and Political Philosophy
Stepantsminda street 14
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Ilia State University in collaboration with UCLouvain (Hoover Chair) is launching its first international summer school in ethics and political philosophy. It will take place in the heart of the Greater Caucasus mountains in Stepantsminda (Kazbegi, Georgia), from 3 to 8 September. It is an opportunity for graduate students and early career researchers to learn and discuss cutting-edge research in the fields of ethics and political philosophy from leading experts in these fields. The first instalment of the summer school will focus on the issues in climate justice, intergenerational justice, gender justice, and migration ethics.
- Catriona McKinnon (University of Exeter, UK) https://politics.exeter.ac.uk/staff/mckinnon/
- Axel Gosseries (UCLouvain, Hoover Chair, Louvain-la-Neuve, BE) https://uclouvain.be/fr/chercher/hoover/axel-gosseries.html
- Anca Gheaus (Central European University, Vienna, AT) https://people.ceu.edu/anca_gheaus
- Kieran Oberman (London School of Economics, UK) https://philpeople.org/profiles/kieran-oberman
There will be two kinds of sessions in this summer school:
- lectures in the morning,
- individual tutorials in the afternoon through which the participants will be able to discuss with the lecturers their specific research.
Extra-curricular activities are also planned, to discover the amazing region.
The participation fee is €340 which covers:
- accommodation at Ilia State University’s facility in Stepantsminda, for the nights of 3-7 September (including the day of the 8th),
- bus transportation to the venue from and to Tbilisi,
- meals for the whole duration of the school (the meals will be vegetarian and vegan-friendly),
- social activities.
The application deadline extended to March 31st. Applications to the Summer School must be sent via email to [email protected], E-mail title should be “PhD Kazbegi Summer School Application” and you should include an academic CV and a statement (circa 200 words) about your relevant ongoing research and motivation for participating in the summer school.
While priority will be given to PhD students, we welcome submissions from advanced MA students, post-docs, and early career researchers. We will aim for a good mix of international and local students.
Depending on the availability of funds, we may be able to cover the partial or full costs of those students who require financial aid. If you require financial aid, please indicate it in your application email.
An attendant can pay only for the registration fee which is €120. This option does not include accommodation and meals.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent by April 7th.
For all inquiries regarding the school, please send an email to: [email protected]
Website: 2023 Kazbegi PhD Summer School
Axel Gosseries (University page)
Tamar Tskhadadze (University page)
Tamaz Tokhadze (University page)
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?