CFP: AISB 2023 Convention
Submission deadline: March 6, 2023
April 13, 2023 - April 15, 2023
Swansea, United Kingdom
13-14 April 2023
Swansea, Wales, UK
The AISB Convention is a flourishing annual conference that thrives from an interdisciplinary audience and facilitates discourse amongst a diverse set of researchers and research cultures. Attendance will be free for AISB members.
The 2023 convention of the Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour (AISB) will be held as a hybrid in-person and online event 13-14 April 2023. The convention will consist of several tracks based on popular symposia of previous AISB conventions instead of separately organised symposia.
Philosophy & AI (AIP)
With its origins in the Philosophy after AI symposium from previous AISB Conventions, this track sets out to investigate the philosophical and linguistic perspectives of the research paths which deal with language as it is conceived by AI. Contributions to a general philosophical discourse on AI are also welcome.
We invite talks on the following (but not exclusively) topics:
- Linguistics and AI;
- AI research on language;
- Learning, creativity and AI;
- Meaning and AI;
- Creativity, machine-learning and language;
- Robots and communication;
- Truth, post-truth and AI;
- Social media, devices and human sociality.
Submissions are in the form of extended abstracts and are subject to peer review. Proceedings will then accommodate final papers as short or regular papers. These are limited to the following page restrictions.
- Extended abstract (max. 2 pages)
- Short paper (max. 4 pages)
- Regular paper (max. 8 pages)
Page limits include references. Please use Springer Nature LaTeX or Word templates to prepare your papers.
Please use the following submission links:
- AISB – Philosophy & AI 2023: Please email your submission to [email protected]
Accepted papers have to be presented in-person at the Swansea conference venue.
Registration and a list of nearby accommodation options will become available by the beginning of March 2023.Important Dates
- Submission: 6 March 2023
- Notification of acceptance: 27 March 2023
- Camera-ready paper: 3 April 2023
General Chair: Bertie Müller (Swansea University)
- AISB – AI & Games 2023: Swen Gaudl, Marius Varga (University of Plymouth, UK)
- AISB – AI Ethics 2023: Bertie Müller (Swansea University, UK)
- AISB – Philosophy & AI 2023: Giusy Gallo (Università della Calabria, Italy), Claudia Stancati (Università della Calabria, Italy)
- AISB – Computational Creativity 2023: Jiaxiang Zhang (Swansea University, UK)
- AISB – General Track 2023: Floriana Grasso (University of Liverpool, UK)