Logic of Reconciliation
- Templeton Foundation
- LARA - Logic and Religion Association
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
"Un minuto de reconciliación tiene más mérito que toda una vida de amistad."
"One minute of reconciliation is worth more than a whole life of friendship."
Gabriel García Márquez, Cien años de soledad
We invite you to submit abstracts to the workshop “Logic of Reconciliation”, where we want to reflect together on the meaning and look for processes and adequate procedures of reconciliation.
We follow this Spanish expression: “God always forgives, we forgive sometimes, but nature never forgives.”("Dios perdona siempre, los hombres a veces y la naturaleza nunca") and therefore we believe that dialogical approach provides original, relevant and profound input towards complex and difficult processes of reconciliation.
According to Martin Buber, relationships are created in three spheres: in our life with nature, with people, and with intelligible forms. The misery of people is related with broken relations with all these three spheres, therefore we propose to reflect on reconciliation with nature, with other human beings (but also with oneself) and with God.
During the workshop we want to focus precisely on dialogical reconciliation because that kind of reconciliation does not require unification.
Those interested in reconciliation are invited to submit their proposals on any aspect related to this subject. Topics may include, but are not restricted to:
- concepts of reconciliation
- models of reconciliation
- dynamics of reconciliation
- examples of reconciliation
- reconciliation and religions
- religious experiences of reconciliation
- dialogical reconciliation vs. uniformity and unification
- reconciliation with the other
- reconciliation with oneself
- reconciliation with nature
- styles of reconciliation
- reconciliation through art
- reconciliation through dialogue
- is there an alternative to reconciliation?
Please send 1 abstract to Katarzyna Gan-Krzywoszyńska [email protected]
Deadline: June 15, 2023
Notification by June 25, 2023
June 15, 2023, 9:00am EET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?