CFP: Imam Reza (PBUH) and Interreligious Dialogue
Submission deadline: August 23, 2023
January 16, 2024 - January 18, 2024
Astan Quds Razavi’s Foundation of Islamic Researches
The International Conference on Imam Reza (PBUH) and Interreligious Dialogue
Astan Quds Razavi’s Foundation of Islamic Researches in collaboration with Imam Sadiq University and various Iranian and international academic and religious centers will hold the international conference on “Imam Reza (PBUH) and Interreligious Dialogue” from 16 to 18 January 2024. This conference aims to create an atmosphere for dialogue and peaceful coexistence between the followers of different religions and denominations, to strengthen scientific interaction between the scholars of different religions and denominations, to strengthen the scientific interaction between Iranian and International religious institutions, to laying a groundwork for Intellectual cooperation between different religions and denominations on contemporary social challenges, and to emphasize the role of the family as a sacred institution from the perspective of religions and denominations. Laying the groundwork for the conference, the scientific secretariat has planned to hold numerous virtual/in-person pre-con meetings in Persian, Arabic, and English at the different Iranian and international academic/religious centers.
Chairman: Mohammad Hadi Abdkhodaei (Professor, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran)
Scientific Secretary: Ahad Faramarz Qaramaleki (Professor, University of Tehran, Iran)
Executive Secretary: Mohsen Sharfaei (Ph. D Graduate, Astan Quds Razavi’s Foundation of Islamic Researches, Iran)
Executive Manager: Roohollah Fadaei (Ph. D Graduate, Tarbiat Modares University, Iran)
Venue: Mashhad, Iran
1. Theory and Method in Interreligious Dialogue:
- Philosophical Approaches: Phenomenology, Epistemology, Narrative, Intercultural Philosophy, etc.
- Sociological Approaches
- Empirical Approaches
- Psychological Approaches
2. Family and Interreligious Dialogue
- Theological Attitudes Towards Family Relationships
- Religions and the Threats to Family Life
- Religions and the Mental Images of Family
- Theology of Gender
- Religions and the Rival Institutions to the Family
- Religions and the Family Roles
We are honored to host some of the well-known scholars in interfaith studies in the scientific board:
· Rahim Acar: Marmara University, Turkey
· Ahad Faramarz Qaramaleki: University of Tehran, Iran
· Lucinda Allen Mosher: Hartford International University for Religion and Peace, USA
· Seyyed Hossein Nasr: The George Washington University, USA
· Rasoul Rasoulipour: Kharazmi University, Iran
· Mohammad Saeedi Mehr: Tarbiat Modares University, Iran
· Mun'im Sirry: Notre Dame University, USA
· Amy Yu Fu: Hangzhou City University, China
· Abstract submission deadline: August 23, 2023
· Notification of acceptance: September 6, 2023
· Paper submission deadline: November 22, 2023
· Paper acceptance notification: December 6, 2023
· Announcement of the selected papers and presentations’ schedule: December 21, 2023
· Conference date: January 16-18, 2024
Only Ph. D holders and postgraduate students may submit abstracts and papers independently. Undergraduates' submissions should be coauthored by a professor.
· Abstracts should be no less than 250 words in length and no more than 300.
· Abstracts should be followed by 3 to 5 keywords.
· Papers should be no less than 1500 words in length and no more than 2000 (the abstract and bibliography are not counted).
· Whole text should be typed in Times New Roman font (font-size: 11 for body and 9 for endnotes and bibliography).
· All titles and subtitles in the paper should be arranged numerically (English numbers not Roman).
· All marginal but useful and important notes should be mentioned as endnotes, not footnotes.
· All references (in-text and reference list) should follow the 16th edition of Chicago citation style.
The conference will be held totally in-person.
The conference registration is free of charge. For those professors and researchers interested in participating in the conference in-person, conference organizers tried to decrease the costs of attendance by finding some funds. Accordingly, the attendance cost for any international participant would be 500 USD (which will be received in cash) including:
• A 5to7-day stay in Iran (from about 13 to 19 January, 2024) at a five-star hotel
• Complete food services at the hotel
• Local transportation in Tehran from Imam Khomeini Airport to Mehrabad Airport and vice versa
• A roundtrip flight ticket from Tehran to Mashhad
• Local Transportation in Mashhad
It is kindly requested from those who want to attend the event to register on the conference website and to submit their abstracts. Moreover, due to the official process of visa issuance, the secretariat of the conference ([email protected]) needs the following documents:
1. Passport first two pages
2. A biometric photo
3. Form 1 (just fill out the English column)
Conference website, submissions and registration: https://irirdialogue.ir/
#Religious Studies, #Interreligious Dialogue, #Interfaith Dialogue, #Philosophy of Family, #Islam, #Christianity, #Judaism, #Zoroastrianism , #Buddhism, #Hinduism