IX International Workshop on Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Information: Quantum Mechanics and the Notion of Theory
- Universidad de Buenos Aires
- Centre for Logic, Epistemology and theHistory of Science
- Roma Tre University
- Federal University of Maranhão
- Center Leo Apostel for Interdisciplinary Studies
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
following the International Network on Foundations of Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Information tradition, we are happy to invite you the Ninth Edition of the International Workshop on Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Information in 2023, to be held online via Google Meet, on June 22 and 23 at the following link: https://meet.google.com/msy-oucn-rur.
There's no need for registration. The meetings’ link, list of speakers, schedule, and book of abstracts can be found on our website: https://quantuminternationalnet.com/workshops (quantuminternationalnet [dot] com [slash] workshops).
The selected theme for this edition is: “Quantum Mechanics and the Notion of Theory”. The characterization and individuation of a scientific theory is a pervasive theme in the general philosophy of science. It gains dramatic contours when pursued in the context of the foundations of quantum mechanics: theory and interpretation entangle in the current debate in ways that directly impact every other debate related to quantum mechanics. We would like to invite contributions pursuing new perspectives on such a debate. Contributions to the workshop can address the following questions broadly:
- Is there a principled demarcation between developing a quantum theory and merely interpreting it?
- What do quantum interpretations interpret?
- The role of the measurement problem in the development of quantum theories.
- Are there new experimental perspectives that could falsify one interpretation/quantum theory?
- The syntactic/semantic approaches to theories and quantum mechanics
This workshop aims to tackle these issues in a broad sense. Certainly, there is much to say about it, and we look forward to meeting you there!
Christian de Ronde (UBA/UNAJ/CONICET/UFSC/CLEA)
Jonas R. B. Arenhart (UFSC/UFMA/CNPq)
Raimundo Fernández-Mouján (UBA/CLEA)
Raoni Arroyo (UNIROMA3/CLE-UNICAMP/FAPESP)