CFP: Hannah Arendt Workshop 2023
Submission deadline: August 1, 2023
November 16, 2023
Department of Philosophy, Tilburg University
On Thursday, November 16, 2023, Florence Caeymaex will deliver the third biannual Hannah Arendt lecture titled “Making a Standpoint: Ethical and Political Pathways, from Arendt to Situated Knowledges,” organized by the Philosophy Department at Tilburg University. The lecture will be accompanied by a workshop on Situated Knowledges at the Tilburg University campus. The deadline for abstracts is 1 August 2023.
Contributions in the following areas are welcome:
- Hannah Arendt’s ethical and political philosophy;
- Donna Haraway on situated knowledge;
- (feminist) situated knowledges and standpoint theory;
- ignorance, positionality, and relational knowing;
- power, knowledge, and critical judgment;
- embodied and situated knowledges in bio-ethics and ecology.
To be considered for participation in the workshop, please submit an abstract of about 350 words by 1 August, 2023 to [email protected] with the subject: “Abstract Hannah Arendt workshop 2023.” Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously. You will be notified by 1 September of acceptance/rejection. Contributors to the workshop can take up to thirty minutes for their presentation followed by fifteen minutes of Q&A.