26th Generative Art International Conference
Biblioteca Vallicelliana, Salone Borromini
Piazza della Chiesa Nuova
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
C A L L - F O R - P A P E R / P O S T E R / A R T W O R K S / P E R F O R M A N C E
GA2023 , the 26th Generative Art Conference, Exhibition, Live Performances
The location, as last year, is in Rome, in the ancient center near Piazza Navona. The dates are the 11th, 12th, and 13th of December 2023.
Our pleasure is to relate the most advanced creative approach like Generative Art and AI with ancient artworks and architecture. This is the reason why the 26th Generative Art Conference will run in the wonderful Borrominian Hall of Biblioteca Vallicelliana, one of the Baroque masterpieces designed by Francesco Borromini (http://www.vallicelliana.it).
In this Hall, whose walls are full of ancient books, we will present the papers, artworks, and some performances. Art&Science - Generative AI - Generative Philosophy Image&Space - Music&Poetry - Visionary Scenarios - Infinity&Identity
Location in Rome, Italy, at the Borrominian Hall of the Biblioteca Vallicelliana
This year's last news is about Generative Artificial Intelligence, with new chats that try to substitute the research engines. After 25 years of GA conferences, the generative and AI approaches are finally running in our everyday lives. So I will be happy if we will discuss this.
This year the conference will run not only in presence and we will try to plan also an exhibition in presence of your artworks.
XXVI GA Conference is organized by ARGENIA Association.
If you would like to share your scientific and creative work and your generative art and design experiences with us, please send us an abstract for a proposal of paper, artwork, installation, poster, and/or live performances (the template is on the website www.generativeart.com). Topics:
TOPICS of GENERATIVE ART INCLUDE (but are not limited to): Art, Science & Technology, Generative Art, Generative Design, Generative AI, Generative Singularity and AI Identity, Digital Design & AI Production, Generative Architecture, Generative Geometry, Generative Music, Live Coding Music, Procedural Sounds, Generative Robotics, Cities Identity & Town Design, Mathematics, Poetic Logic, Poetry, Singularity and Generative approach, Biomimetics, Psychology and Medicine Generative models, Culture of Algorithms, Complex non-linear systems, Chaotic Dynamic Structures, Digital Culture, Visionary Art, Visionary Design, Visionary Paradigm, Generated 3D models for 3D printers, Topology, Algorithmic Art, Encoding Art & Sciences, Web Art, Nanoart, Evolutionary Design, Philosophy & Technology, Visionary Scenarios & Virtual Environment, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Life, Artificial Behaviors, Futuring Past, Teaching Theory and Methodology, Creative Advanced Teaching
Dear Friends of Generative Art,
We are at the 26th Generative Art Conferences and I would like to thank all the participants in the editions held in the first quarter century of this conference, participants from many different countries of all continents because they have succeeded in supporting GA as the worldwide reference conference in the sector of the generative approach. This with their interesting contributions that were not only academic papers but work in progress able to define the real state of the art of Generative Thinking.
Not only, the discussions, the exchanges of experience, and the working together for reaching advanced possibilities was also the unique feeling of these meetings.
Started in 1998, the annual Generative Art conferences are the international leading meetings involving researchers, Ph.D. and creative people performing generative advanced approaches. As in the 25 previous annual conferences, our choice is to have ONLY ONE MAIN SESSION (3 days) with around 40 paper presentations (in presence and, only if necessary, online); an exhibition with posters and artworks; some installations and generative live-performances, whose movies will be also published in the website of the conference. This is because we like to increase the possibilities of knowing each other, exchanging experiences, and crossing opinions. We don't like parallel sessions and all accepted people will be like KEYNOTE SPEAKERS, scheduled in ONLY ONE MAIN SESSION. More than 1000 papers, artworks, and live performances presented at previous conferences are on the GA website: http://www.generativeart.com for a free consultation.
The DEADLINE for sending your proposals (abstracts of papers, posters, artworks, installations, live performances) is the 15th of September 2023 and we are sure that, with your contributions, GA2023, the 26th Generative Art meeting, will be, once more, a place where ideas, results, and opinions will be exchanged and where knowing people working with similar design approaches, in a wide range of different disciplines, will be possible.
We are working to organize these three days of the conference to maximize the knowledge and exchange of opinions among the participants and also for experimenting with new possibilities of technology, like Generative AI focused also in the 2D and 3D environments.
We will wait for Your proposals (papers, posters, artworks/installations, live performances) until 15th of September 2023 and we are sure that with your contributions GA2023 will be, once more, a moment of great exchange of experiences and an occasion of meeting people working with the same approach in a wide range of different disciplines.
Type of contribution:
- Papers to be presented the 3 days of the conference in only one main session
Generative Art performs the idea as a process. Moving the creativity from Objects/Events to Codes, GA builds the contemporary complex natural/artificial environment. Generative Algorithms and Transforming Rules realize, as natural DNA does, always different and unpredictable series of events, artworks, industrial objects, architectures, music, environment, communications, software, and hardware devices, all recognizable by each generative creative concept.
Generative Art is identifiable as one of the most advanced approaches in the creative and design world. It performs the incoming new naturality of the artificial world. Generative Projects, Morphogenetic Design, Evolutionary Systems can design the species of incoming events, their identity in progress, the recognizability of each possibly generated object, the complexity of the contemporary world, spaces, communications, and music.
In Architecture GA can increase the identity and uniqueness of each city, performing generative codes that can be used in designing the incoming transforming paths of each town.
In Industrial Product Design GA performs the relation between intelligent industrial production and advanced design ideas of new naturality.
In In Visual Art, Literature and Music GA opens a new era of reproducibility of artworks. From clone to unique and un-repeatable sequence of possible final results.
The generative approach represents the way to carry out the idea as a product, and not only the artifact-product-piece as the unique representation of the idea.
Generative Art Conference is a meeting place to exchange ideas, theoretical approaches, operative, and teaching experiences, and to value the innovative field of intelligent industrial production and business that belongs to the Generative approach.
Following last years' experience, people can show their innovative works in the concurrent GA Performance Festival that will be held on the evening of the same days of the conference. This will be an opportunity to show and enjoy the most advanced mix of generative entertainment media.
The PROCEEDINGS will be published in a (paper) book (with ISBN international number) before the conference. The book will contain the (double-reviewed) papers, posters, artwork, and performances/presentations. So the proceedings will be available in time for the conference. More, the best-focused contributions will be also published in the journal GASATHJ, Generative Art Science and Technology hard Journal (https://www.gasathj.com) after a selection and review for upgrading the papers into a multimedia article fitting the character of the Journal.
- Early submitting, if requested, could be accepted in 15 days to obtain a letter of invitation usable to fund applications.
- No funds are available from the GA2023 organization.
- conference participants will pay a registration fee for covering the conference expenses, lunches, proceedings paper book with ISBN international code and conference dinner.
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and papers will be reviewed by the Conference Chair and by the scientific Committee.
- The proceedings of GA2023 will be printed in advance in a (paper) book with ISBN number, published before the conference, for having the support to the conference. - All papers and presented contribution will be also published on the website www.generativeart.com
- Selected contributions will be asked to perform a multimedia article to be published (for free) in the next issue of the Journal GASATHj, https://www.gasathj.com
- Sending proposals: 15 September 2023 (or earlier, if you like, in order to receive an official invitation letter asap)
- Acceptance confirmation: 15 October 2023 (double reviewed)
- Registration, also for paying a reduced fee: 30 October 2023
- 9 November 2023. Final papers (or long text presentations of artworks/installations / live performances) for publication. This is also the deadline for sending images and movies to be exhibited in the GA exhibition. Only one A1 vertical panel/participant. Plea
se, if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]
- EARLY SUBMISSION: If a letter of invitation is needed for funding applications or to obtain a visa, please specify it and the proposals will be reviewed within 15 days.
- No funds are available by the GA2023 organization.
- To ensure a high-quality conference, all abstracts and papers will be double-reviewed by the Conference Chair and the Scientific Committee.
- The proceedings of GA2023 will be printed in advance (with ISBN international number) to give written support to the conference and enhance the discussions. The proceedings will be published as a paper book by Domus Argenia Publisher with all the accepted papers, posters, artworks, installations, and live performance presentations. The book will be available in time for the conference. A parallel ebook will be available for all participants.
- All contributions presented and accepted will also be published on the website www.generativeart.com after the conference.
for attending the conference:
- FREE entrance to (only) attend the conference, Signing up is requested for reserving the seats.
- Reduced fee (euro 375 within October 20) for invited people and people whose paper, poster, artwork, installation, and live performance are accepted by the scientific committee. The fee will cover conference location expenses and the (paper) book of proceedings, a bag with other materials, 3 lunches, the conference dinner, the coffee breaks, and pizza snacks.
- Extra reduced fee (euro 325 within October 20) for aged people over 70 whose paper, poster, artwork, installation, and live performance are accepted by the scientific committee.
- NO FEE for students and young artists (born after 2000) attending the conference in presence and presenting posters or artworks. (without getting the proceedings paper book, lunches, and dinner)
As for the previous conferences, having chosen not to have sponsors, the fee is necessary and it will cover only the conference expenses. By the way, we have maintained the same fee for many years without increasing it.
All info at http://www.generativeart.com/registration
11, 12 and 13 of December 2023
Generative Art Conference/ Exhibition and Live-Performances is organized by Generative Art and Design Lab, ARGENIA Ass.
Location: Rome, Borrominian Hall, Biblioteca Vallicella, Piazza della Chiesa Nuova
October 30, 2023, 9:00am CET