Meister Eckhart and St. Gregory Palamas: the Actuality of Spiritual Experience
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Saint-Petersburg State University
Faculty of Philosophy
Department of History of Philosophy
Center for Medieval Culture Studies
St. Petersburg Cusanus’ Society
"Meister Eckhart and St. Gregory Palamas: the Actuality of Spiritual Experience"
26-28 June 2014 , St. Petersburg State University, Faculty of Philosophy
We are planning to discuss the significance of spiritual experience of two prominent European Christian thinkers:
- Spiritual experience and mystical practice of Meister Eckhart.
- The teaching of Meister Eckhart about God and man.
- The tradition of German mysticism: from Meister Eckhart till Nicholas of Cusa.
- Meister Eckhart and Reformation teaching of Martin Luther.
- Meister Eckhart and the German philosophical tradition.
- The spiritual experience of St. Gregory Palamas.
- The teaching of St. Gregory Palamas about God and man.
- The doctrine of St. Gregory Palamas on the Divine Energy.
- St. Gregory Palamas and Hesychasm.
- Hesychasm practice in the tradition of Russian monasticism.
- St. Gregory Palamas and the Russian Religiously Philosophy and Orthodox Theology.
Please, for participation in the Conference you should send abstract (2-3 pages, 6000-8000 signs) of your paper and personal information (scientific status) till 01.12.2013 to e-mail of Chief of Organizing Committee Prof Oleg E. Dushin [email protected]
December 1, 2013, 1:00pm MSK
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?