Epistemic Dilemmas, Epistemic Rationality, and Higher-Order Evidence
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The purpose of the workshop is to bring together epistemologists working on epistemic dilemmas, epistemic rationality, and higher-order evidence. Further topics include:
- the nature of higher-order defeat
- epistemic dilemmas and disagreement
- epistemic dilemmas and defeaters
- epistemic dilemmas and the distinction between propositional and doxastic justification
- epistemic dilemmas and the nature of withholdings
- epistemic dilemmas and the possibility of rational epistemic akrasia
Martin Grajner (TU Dortmund)
Thomas Grundmann (University of Cologne)
Andreas Müller (Goethe University Frankfurt)
Eva Schmidt (TU Dortmund)
Paul Silva (University of Cologne)
Simon Wimmer (TU Dortmund)
Alexandra Zinke (Goethe University Frankfurt)
Organizers: Eva Schmidt and Martin Grajner
Sponsor: German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG)
More information: https://epistemicdilemmas.weebly.com/workshops
The workshop starts on Thursday, December 7 at 2pm and ends on Friday, December 8 at 5pm. Participation is free. If you wish to participate in person, please contact Martin Grajner, [email protected].
We will host a second workshop on epistemic dilemmas in 2024. There will be four slots for submitted papers. We will publish the call for papers in December 2023 on this list and on PhilEvents.
November 26, 2023, 11:00pm CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?