CFP: SLACRR 2024
Submission deadline: January 15, 2024
May 19, 2024 - May 21, 2024
UMSL @ The Moonrise Hotel
Saint Louis, United States
St. Louis Annual Conference on Reasons and Rationality provides a forum for new work on practical and theoretical reason, broadly construed. Speakers will be chosen from submitted abstracts. Please submit an anonymized abstract of 750-1500 words by January 15, 2024 to [email protected]. In writing your abstract, please bear in mind that full papers should be suitable for a 30 minute presentation. Please attach your abstract as a pdf file, the name of which should be based upon the title of your abstract. (In other words, don't name your file FILE.pdf or ABSTRACT.pdf)What to Submit
SLACRR includes papers in ethics, epistemology, and other areas of philosophy that deal with reasons, reasoning, or rationality. For instance, we would be interested in papers exploring such questions as:
- What is the relation between reasons for actions and reasons for beliefs?
- What are the sources of our reasons for belief?
- How are features of one's psychology relevant to reasons?
- What is the relation between reasons and what we ought to do or believe?
- What is the relation between reasons and value?
- Are the requirements of practical and theoretical rationality normative?
- What is the relation between individual rationality and collective rationality?
- Are actions or beliefs themselves structured by reasons?
Of course, this is just a sample of fitting questions. Further inquiries can also be directed to [email protected]