Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Hypothetical reasoning or reasoning under assumptions is a key concept of
logic, philosophy of science and mathematics. This conference focusses on its
logical aspects, such as
- assumption-based calculi and their proof theory
- logical consequence from a proof-theoretic or model-theoretic point of view
- logics of conditionals
- proof systems
- structure of assumption-based proofs
- hypotheses in proof-theoretic semantics
- notions of implication
- substructural logics
- hypotheses in categorial logic
- logical aspects of scientific explanation
- hypothetical reasoning in mathematics
- reasoning from definitions and axioms
Confirmed invited speakers include:
- Arnon Avron (Tel-Aviv University)
- Kosta Došen (Mathematical Institute, SANU)
- Paul Egré (CNRS, Institut Jean-Nicod, Paris)
- Andrzej Indrzejczak (Institute of Philosophy UŁ, Łódź)
- Francesca Poggiolesi (CNRS, CEPERC, Aix-en-Provence)
This conference is organised as part of the French-German ANR-DFG project
HYPOTHESES, http://ls.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/hypotheses/ . The program
committee consist of the members of this project, http://ls.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/hypotheses/people.html .
Participants who do not want to give a talk are also welcome. In that case
please send an email to Marine Gaudefroy-Bergmann at Hypo-Part@informatik.uni-
tuebingen.de by 31 July to register.
There will be a small conference fee covering coffee breaks.
Organisers: Thomas Piecha and Peter Schroeder-Heister
(In conjunction with ESSLLI 2014, http://www.esslli2014.info/)
July 31, 2014, 9:00am CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?