Interrogative Model of Inquiry Workshop
- Agence Nationale de la Recherche
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The workshop will take place at the IHPST (Institut d'Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques) on January 30 and at the ENS (Ecole Normale Supérieure) on January 31.
The aim of the Interrogative Model of Inquiry Workshop is to bring together researchers interested in Hintikka's Interrogative Model of Inquiry (IMI), and to promote cooperation and exchange on research projects related to the development of the IMI. The workshop will be the occasion to assess the different past scientific contributions to the IMI, and to open and discuss possibilities for new research directions.
To this end, the IMI Workshop will welcome presentations that either contribute directly to the development of the IMI, or that suggest possible ways to do so. Possible topics to be discussed at the workshop comprise, but are not restricted to:
- The logical aspects of the IMI
- The impact of new approaches to questions on the IMI (inquisitive semantics, inferential erotetic logic, dynamic logic of questions etc.)
- The interaction between Learning Theory and the IMI
- The interaction between Belief Revision Theory and the IMI
- The relevance of the IMI for the philosophy of science and epistemology
- The social dimension of interrogative inquiry
- The formalizing of the IMI in IF epistemic logic
The IMI Workshop is an IHPST (Institut d'Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques) event funded by the ANR (Agence Nationale de la Recherche) in the context of the Interrogative Model of Inquiry Project.
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?