CFP: 2015 OZSW Conference
Submission deadline: June 15, 2015
December 11, 2015 - December 12, 2015
Department of Philosophy, VU University Amsterdam
The OZSW invites academic philosophers to submit an abstract on any topic or within any discipline in philosophy, including but not limited to:
· Aesthetics, Applied ethics (bio / medical, technology), Artificial intelligence, Big Data for philosophy, Critical Theory, Epistemology, Ethics (normative ethics, meta-ethics, religious ethics), Feminist philosophy, Hermeneutics, History of philosophy (ancient, patristic, Byzantine, Arabic, Latin medieval, Jewish, early modern, modern), Logic, Metaphysics, Minorities in philosophy, Moral psychology, Non-western philosophy, Phenomenology, Philosophical anthropology, Philosophy of Action, Philosophy of History, Philosophy of Information, Philosophy of Language, Philosophy of Law, Philosophy of Mind, Philosophy of Pedagogy, Philosophy of Religion, Philosophy of Science (behavioural sciences, natural sciences, social sciences), Political philosophy, Semiotics, Social and cultural philosophy, Philosophy of Technology and engineering, ……
· Deadline abstract submission: June 15st 2015
· Decision acceptance / rejection: July 15th 2015
· Registration opens: July 15th 2015
· Registration with early bird fee: September 30th 2015
· Registration deadline for speakers: October 15th 2015
· Registration with late comer fee: November 15th 2015
The conference will start on Friday December 11th in the morning, and will end on Saturday December 12th around 6pm. On Friday evening there will be a conference dinner. A more detailed program will be made available in due time.
There are 3 submission types for this conference:
· Single paper by senior researcher or PhD student
· Panel proposal consisting of 3 or 4 papers around the same topic
In case the reviewers find one or more abstracts in a panel proposal to be of insufficient quality, the remaining paper(s) may instead be accepted as a smaller panel or a single paper.
· Poster proposal by research master students – note: a separate call for posters will be posted at a later stage.
How to submit your abstract / panel proposal
Abstracts and panel proposals should be submitted on-line starting mid-April at http://www.ozsw.nl/activity/3rd-annual-ozsw-conference/.
You will be asked to provide the following information:
· Your name, affiliation (if any) and e-mail address
· A title for the paper(s)
· An abstract for the paper(s), of no more than 500 words
· One or more topics (see list on previous page, plus possibility to add topic not mentioned)
· 3-5 key words
· Optional: up to 5 literature references per paper
· For panel proposals only: a title for / description of the panel theme (max. 200 words)
All submissions will be reviewed by a committee of OZSW philosophers.
About the OZSW
The Nederlandse Onderzoeksschool Wijsbegeerte (OZSW), or the Dutch Research School of Philosophy, was established at the end of 2012. It is an initiative of the philosophy departments at 11 Dutch universities. The general purpose of the OZSW is to strengthen the discipline of philosophy by promoting and facilitating research collaboration between the participating universities, and the training of young researchers (PhD students and Research Master students). This annual conference is one of its activities.