Christian Moral Teaching on Sex, Family, and LifeRichard Swinburne (Oxford University)
2016 Midwest Society of Christian Philosophers
1111 N. Glenstone
- Society of Christian Philosophers
Theme: Christian Philosophy and Public Engagement
Philosophy’s task is not merely to advance knowledge but also to help people live well. As such, Christian philosophy should inform and help the Christian community live well as Christian individuals and citizens.
The 2016 Midwest SCP Conference at Evangel University invites philosophers to speak to the pressing social issues that face Christians, especially matters on which Christians find themselves in conflict with other groups, whether the broader public or other Christian groups.
Please submit a 500-word abstract for your paper. Submissions are welcome from both Christian and non-Christian philosophers as presenters and participants.
Submit abstracts to [email protected]. Deadline: July 1, 2016.
Submissions may speak to either personal or public questions, such as the following:
- What are our obligations or permissions with regard to personal matters, such as abortion, the environment, suicide, poverty, divorce and sexual practices?
- How ought Christians to engage collective matters, such as gender marginalization, racial injustice, religious freedom, health care and discrimination?
- Ought Christians or Christian institutions (e.g. universities) adjust their personal views and policies as society changes?
- To what extent, or in what way, ought Christians to advocate for socially controversial views?
Graduate Student Prize
Graduate students who wish to be considered for the SCP’s prize for the Best Graduate Student Paper must submit a final draft of their papers by August 15. A $500 award will be presented publicly at the conference.
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?