CFP: 2nd World Congress on Logic and Religion
Submission deadline: January 15, 2017
June 18, 2017 - June 22, 2017
Philosophy Institute, Uniwersytet Warszawski
The Organizers of the 2nd World Congress on Logic and Religion, to be held at the University of Warsaw (Poland) on 18-22 June, 2017, have the pleasure of inviting you to the Congress.
The 2nd Congress, organized by the Institute of Philosophy of the University of Warsaw will be a continuation of the 1st World Congress that took place in 2015 in João Pessoa (Brasil).
A wide range of issues concerning the relation between logic and religion, with regional complexities and historical layers of religions, are expected to be discussed. Among the topics to be discussed are the following:
- Impact of religious beliefs on logical structures;
- Logic at the service of apologetics;
- Rationalization of religious beliefs;
- Justification in religious legal traditions (including Talmudic Logic);
- Logics vis-a-vis illogicalities in religion;
- Non-classical logics and religion;
- Models of argumentation in religious discourse, etc.
THE DATE AND THE VENUE OF THE CONGRESS
The Congress will be held at the University of Warsaw (Poland) on 18–22 June, 2017.
We welcome participants in three categories:
- regular presentation: speakers who present their papers within a regular session,
- poster presentation within a poster session,
- presence and discussion only: general audience who participates without presenting a paper/poster.
PAPERS AND ABSTRACTS
As a rule, 30 minutes are allotted for each paper (20 min) and an accompanying discussion (10 min). Short abstracts (maximum 3000 characters) are expected by 15 January, 2017.
THE LANGUAGE OF THE CONGRESS is English.
THE CONGRESS FEE: Yes, see here: http://logicandreligion.uw.edu.pl/registrationhttp://logicandreligion.uw.edu.pl/