Casa Santo Stefano
- Columbia University (USA)
- Think Swiss (USA)
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The aim of the summer school is to explore the nature and significance of disagreement. Invited speakers, postdoctoral researchers and PhD students will present recent work on different aspects of disagreement:
- The nature of peer disagreement
- The challenge from peer disagreement for intuitions in philosophy
- The role of disagreement for an epistemological distinction between different domains of discourse
- The relation between disagreement in metaethics and disagreements in epistemology and in political philosophy
- The role of disagreement for the rationality of tolerance
- The relation between faultless disagreement and relativism
There are a few spots left for graduate students. Application is possible until July 1. Please send an abstract on a topic related to disagreement, a CV, and a letter of motivation to: email@example.com. Notification of acceptance: July 15.
Attendance of the summer school is free. Accommodation and meals from Sunday evening to Saturday morning will amount to about 750 Swiss Francs (790 US Dollars/625 Euros/500 British Pounds).
The official program will run from Monday, August 20 to Friday, August 24 and leaves plenty of time for outdoor activities: http://www.casa-santo-stefano.ch/page/en/home. Background readings will be provided in advance.
July 1, 2012, 3:00pm CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?