CFP: DLSU Undergraduate Philosophy Conference 2017 [PHILCON]
Submission deadline: July 23, 2017
August 4, 2017 - August 5, 2017
Department of Philosophy, De La Salle University
Malate, Manila, Philippines
[CALL FOR ABSTRACTS]
Philosophy should not dwell simply in theory, limiting thinkers alike to sit in classroom discussions, no longer being able to forego the principle of stagnancy. This year, Samahan ng mga Lasalyanong Pilosopo (PILOSOPO), in partnership with De La Salle University's Philosophy Department and Dr. Jeremiah Joven Joaquin, President of the Philosophical Association of the Philippines (PAP), and Dr. Mark Anthony Dacela (DLSU Undergraduate Philosophy Coordinator) would like to cordially invite you to participate in this year's DLSU Undergraduate Philosophy Conference, a philosophical conference that aims to potentially explore beyond the borders of philosophical discourse and for undergraduate philosophy majors to present their research that exemplifies philosophical thought.
The theme "Philosophy beyond borders, transcending barriers" aims to promote the concept that Philosophy is not merely a theoretical exchange of information, but is rather a skill, discipline and discourse that humans must undergo in order to reach full understanding.
We request that any papers that you may directly endorse be immediately sent to the conference’s email: email@example.com. Listed below are the guidelines for submission. We will also be allowing any prospective audience members to come view the paper presentations on either dates, but will need the names prior to the event as we will be providing Certificates of Participation or Attendance.
For audience and speaker pre-registration, please fill up the details on or before August 2, 2017 at the given link: http://tinyurl.com/DLSUPhilconPreReg
Venue and Duration
- De La Salle University-Manila Campus / August 4, 2017 - 1PM - 6PM - Y507-Y509 / August 5, 2017 - 9AM- 6PM - Y407 - Y409
Philosophy is a broad area of research with various branches. We encourage and welcome papers in the following areas:
Metaphysics, Logic and Language
Epistemology and the Mind
Moral and Socio-Political Philosophy
Feminism and Postmodernism
Existentialism and Phenomenology
Aesthetics and Technology
Eastern and Filipino Philosophy
Submission of Abstracts July 23, 2017
Notification of Acceptance July 23-26, 2017
Conference August 4-5, 2017
Deadline of Abstracts
23 July 2017
For general inquiries and paper submissions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submission of an abstract is required for paper presentations.
- All abstracts must be written in English or Filipino and submitted electronically to email@example.com, with email subject “[SUBMISSION] DLSU Undergraduate Philosophy Conference 2017” in Microsoft Word format (.doc/.docx) with the filename [ResearchCode]_[Lastname][FirstNameInitial]_Abstract (ex. EPM_MoralesG_Abstract or MTL_LiminJ_Abstract)
- The template for the extended abstract may be downloaded from the following URL: http://tinyurl.com/PhilConAbstract
- Standard abbreviations should be used throughout the text. In the event of any special or unusual abbreviation, the author must spell it out full at first mention, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses. Please use a minimal number of abbreviations.
- Symbols (i.e. Greek) may be used, as well as boldfaced, underlined and italicized characters.
- Check the abstract carefully for grammatical or typographical errors.
- Presentations on the day of the conference must not exceed 15 minutes each. An allotted 5 minutes will be added for the speaker to accept questions.
- Both speakers and audience members who are going to attend the conference must fill out the pre-registration form in order to record attendance and entry inside the campus, and as well as to receive their certificates. The pre-registration form may be found in the following URL: http://tinyurl.com/DLSUPhilconPreReg
We hope to see you this coming August. Best wishes, and good luck!
#De La Salle University, #Philosophy Conference , #Undergraduate Philosophy