CFP: Φ: Building and Exploring the Intersections between Physics and Philosophy
Submission deadline: December 2, 2012
The editors of Φ invite papers of 3,000 – 10,000 words that postulate and explore the various ways the two disciplines might reciprocally benefit each other. Papers might explore issues like:
- What methodological innovations can each discipline gain from the other?
- Conceptual convergences (e.g., metaphysical realism as expressed in the two disciplines)
- What insights can each discipline provide into the other’s ‘hard problems’?
- Philosophical insights that may have emerged from contemporary physics/Physical insights that may have emerged in contemporary philosophy.
Please send the following to Scholar_at_11thdimensionpress.com in .doc(x) or .pdf format:
- A cover letter containing (a) the author’s name, (b) institutional affiliation (if any), (c) contact information, (d) the title of the paper, and (e) a word count
- The paper itself prepared for blind review including the title and a short abstract (no more than 200 words)
For further enquiries, please email Scholar_at_11thdimensionpress.com or visit our website.