CFP: CSUN Undergraduate Philosophy Journal
Submission deadline: October 15, 2017
This year, California State University, Northridge (CSUN) is pleased to announce their upcoming undergraduate philosophy journal. The journal welcomes papers from undergraduate students from any colleges and universities in California!
The purpose of the journal is to offer philosophy students an opportunity to participate in the publication of their papers. It is a great opportunity to add this experience to your resume/CV or enhance your writing sample for graduate school. The title of the journal will be based on the common themes of the accepted papers. The journal will be tentatively published online in the fall of 2017.
Please send your best papers (including abstracts) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, October 15th to be considered. Papers (and abstracts) will be evaluated for publication based on a blind peer review. If your paper is selected, you will be contacted by at least one editor after Sunday, October 22nd.
Note: You do not have to be a philosophy major or minor. Your best papers do not have to come from philosophy classes.
More than one paper submission per author will be also accepted.
Paper submissions must meet the following requirements:
· Must address a topic in philosophy
· Must not exceed 25 pages (12pt font, double-spaced) [There's no minimum page length]
· Must be in Word Doc. or .PDF (do not include your name anywhere in the submission)
· Must include an abstract (see requirements below) in the paper or another separate attachment (Word Doc. or .PDF)
· Include your full name, year of study, and major in the e-mail text (not in your paper or abstract)
· You must be an undergraduate student, affiliated with colleges or universities in California, at the time of submission
Abstract submissions must meet the following requirements:
· Must be about 250 words or fewer (Word Doc. or .PDF)
· Must include a clear summary of your overall paper
· Must include the reference page (excluded from the word count)
· Must not include your name anywhere within the submission
Submissions are due Sunday, October 15th, 2017 at 11:45 pm.
Any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
CSUN Undergraduate Philosophy Journal