CFP (Extended Deadline): UCR Graduate Student Philosophy Conference
Submission deadline: November 1, 2017
January 26, 2018 - January 27, 2018
Department of Philosophy, University of California, Riverside
Riverside, United States
UCR Graduate Student Philosophy Conference (Extended Deadline)
January 26-27, 2018
University of California, Riverside
We welcome submissions from graduate students in philosophy on topics in the philosophy of agency (broadly construed to include free will, moral responsibility, agency, and action theory) from both the analytic and continental traditions. Philosophers from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to submit.
- R. Lanier Anderson (Professor of Philosophy, Stanford University)
- Pamela Hieronymi (Professor of Philosophy, UCLA)
Submission extended deadline: Wednesday November 1, 2017
- Please submit papers to UCRphilconf@gmail.com. Papers should be no more than 3,500 words (excluding works cited and footnotes), and must be suitable for a 25-30 minute presentation.
- All submissions must be in .doc, .docx or .pdf formats and should be prepared for blind review.
- Please include in your email the following details: (a) author's name; (b) paper title; (c) word count; (d) institutional affiliation; (e) contact information; and (f) an abstract of no more than 200 words.
- Authors must be current graduate students in philosophy. Co--authored papers are permitted if all authors are currently graduate students.
- Responses to submissions will be sent by November 30, 2017.
- Please send any questions to UCRphilconf@gmail.com.
This conference is sponsored by the UC-Riverside Graduate Student Association and UC-Riverside's Philosophy Department.