Roman Ingarden and His Times: An International Phenomenological Conference
Auditorium Maximum Seminar Room
- The Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland
- The Roman Ingarden Digital Archive
- The Polish Philosophical Society
- The Polish Phenomenological Association
- The Polish Journal of Aesthetics
- Polish Journal of Philosophy
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
The 50th anniversary of the death of the eminent Polish philosopher and humanist Roman Ingarden in 2020 is an occasion to launch an international academic debate on his philosophical legacy. It is also an opportunity to share and celebrate the efforts of Jagiellonian University aimed at the study and archivisation of Ingarden’s hitherto unknown correspondence and research papers. These tasks are being carried out as part of the project entitled ‘The Roman Ingarden Digital Archive: Previously Unpublished Correspondence and Academic Papers of the Eminent Polish Humanist’, financed within the framework of the DIALOG programme, using funds provided by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland.
The conference dedicated to the philosophy of Roman Ingarden and his contemporaries will be held in 2018, marking the 80th anniversary of the deaths of two great teachers of the Polish phenomenologist: Edmund Husserl and Kazimierz Twardowski.
The conference will also present the results of the Ingarden Digital Archive project and, we hope, will launch further studies on Ingarden’s heritage, culminating in an international academic congress to be organised at Jagiellonian University in 2020. The organisers are also planning to publish selected papers in specially prepared thematic volumes of the journals Polish Journal of Philosophy and The Polish Journal of Aesthetics.
Academic Committee of the Conference:
- Arkadiusz Chrudzimski (Szczecin University, Poland)
- Jeff Mitscherling (University of Guelph, Canada)
- Kevin Mulligan (University of Geneva, Switzerland)
- Marek Piwowarczyk (Catholic University of Lublin, Poland)
- Peter Simons (Trinity College Dublin, Ireland)
- Barry Smith (University at Buffalo, USA)
- Dan Zahavi (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
Honorary Committee of the Conference:
- Jerzy Aleksandrowicz
- Krzysztof Ingarden
- Józef Lipiec
- Andrzej Półtawski
- Ewa Sowa
- Władysław Stróżewski
- Anita Szczepańska
- Artur Szczepański
- Arthur Szylewicz
- Beata Szymańska
- Paweł Taranczewski
- Adam Węgrzecki
- Jan Woleński
- Krzysztof Zanussi
- Adam Zagajewski
- Leopold Zgoda
April 1, 2018, 5:00am CET
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?