CFP: Aporia Volume 18, Issue 1 (and Essay Prizes)
Submission deadline: December 15, 2017
Aporia is an established philosophy journal published by the University of St Andrews Philosophy Society since 2007. We publish top-quality work in analytic philosophy written by undergraduates from across the world. You can look at past issues on https://ojs.st-andrews.ac.uk/index.php/aporia/ and like our new Facebook page (@aporiajournal) for news and updates.
For 2018 we will be publishing two electronic issues. The deadline for our first issue is midnight (GMT) on Friday 15th December 2017. We do not accept late submissions under any circumstances.
A first and second prize of £100 and £50 respectively will be awarded to the best submissions of this year’s issues, the winners of which will be selected in Spring 2018 with the publication of the second issue.
We are looking for Philosophy essays in broadly analytic style that:
- Are written by undergraduate students of Philosophy, or people who have recently graduated and have not yet completed a year of postgraduate studies in Philosophy
- Are between 2,000 and 5,000 words long, excluding bibliography and abstract
- Have complete bibliographies in Chicago style
- Include an abstract of no longer than 300 words
- Are written in standard academic English
Please email your submissions, along with an abstract of no longer than 300 words, to Kimon Sourlas-Kotzamanis, the editor-in-chief, at email@example.com. You should expect to hear back from us within 3 weeks of the deadline. Please note that often the publication of accepted submissions will be contingent on your submissions undergoing certain revisions.
We look forward to reading all your submissions.