CFP: 2018 Southeast Graduate Philosophy Conference
Submission deadline: Yesterday
April 6, 2018 - April 7, 2018
Philosophy Department, University of Florida
Gainesville, United States
CALL FOR PAPERS
12th Annual Southeast Graduate Philosophy Conference (SEGPC)
Friday, April 6th – Saturday, April 7th, 2018
Keynote Speaker: Richard Boyd
The Southeast Graduate Philosophy Conference is a national conference held annually since 2006 at the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida. Each conference has an invited keynote speaker as well as a capstone speaker drawn from the faculty at UF. Our capstone speaker will be our newest addition to the Department, Dr. Duncan Purves. Each paper accepted for presentation will be assigned a commentator. The conference is thus a great opportunity for graduate students to present their work and receive critical feedback in a professional venue. Please forward this email announcement to graduate students and anyone who may be interested in attending.
The deadline for submissions is (January 15, 2018).
Papers of high quality in any area of philosophy are welcome. Submissions should adhere to the
(1) Submissions should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “SEGPC SUBMIT” in subject of the email.
(2) The body of the email should contain the following information:
- - Author’s name
- - Title of the paper
- - Institutional affiliation
- - Contact information (email, phone number, mailing address, etc.)
- - The word count of the paper
- - The area of the paper (e.g., philosophy of mind, ethical theory, etc.)
(3) Submissions should be attached in .docx, .pdf, or .rtf should be a paper of no more than 4,500 words preceded by an abstract of no more than 200 words.
(4) Papers should be prepared for anonymous review. Please omit any self-identifying information anywhere in your attached paper.
Please pass along the word to graduate students in your department. Any questions about the conference, as well as submissions, may be sent to email@example.com