The humanization of contemporary philosophy and the humanitarization of social sciences
lenin avenue, 51
Talks at this conferenceAdd a talk
Today, social sciences are undergoing series of fundamental transformations which take place under the influence of the object-oriented ontology, and the intensifying movement towards transdisciplinarity. In these changing modalities, the traditional questions of the social theory are reconsidered in the new light.
Thus, we must problematize the place of a person in the social theory and the human dimension of a (re)thinking sociality, that affected both separate disciplines, for example, economics, history or sociology, and philosophy in general. Finally, the very concept of humanism essentially differs from its past, classical forms and for these reasons needs theoretical and methodological revision. Within the framework of our conference, we propose to hold two sections:
1) The problem of humanization and humanitarization of philosophy:
- The problem of humanization of philosophy, its methodological transformations;
- Humanitarization of philosophy and the modern humanism;
2) The problem of the correlation between the social and the humanitarian in modern social sciences:
- The problem of the correlation between the social and the humanitarian in the history of modern social sciences;
- The correlation between the social and the humanitarian, and the problem of the integration of modern social sciences;
- The problem of humanitarization and the prospects of modern social sciences.
We welcome researchers from different fields of scientific knowledge!
PhD, senior lecturer
Department of Social Philosophy
Faculty of philosophy, UIF URFU
January 8, 2018, 6:45pm +05:00
Who is attending?
No one has said they will attend yet.
Will you attend this event?