CFP: FINO Graduate Conference in History of Philosophy
Submission deadline: June 15, 2018
September 17, 2018 - September 18, 2018
North-Western Italian Philosophy Consortium
The History of Philosophy curriculum of the North-Western Italian Philosophy Consortium (FINO) and the Collegio Giasone del Maino di Pavia are pleased to announce the 5th International Graduate Conference in History of Philosophy.
The topic of the 2018 edition is Humans and Nature.
- Sabrina Ebbersmeyer (University of Copenhagen)
- Ann Thomson (European University Institute, Florence)
- Stéphane Toussaint (CNRS-LEM-PSL, Paris).
Submission abstracts deadline: 15 June 2018
Submissions are invited that engage with the philosophical question of naturalism, in particular with the attempts, and refusals of a naturalistic explanation of the human realm from antiquity to the mid 19th-Century. Both the metaphysical and the methodological meaning of naturalism will be taken into account; special attention will be paid to its materialistic developments, to the criticisms of supernaturalistic issues, and of teleological investigations.
Please send the following to email@example.com in .doc(x), .rtf, or .pdf format:
(1) A cover letter containing the following information: (a) author’s name (b) institutional affiliation, (c) contact information, (d) title of the paper.
(2) The title and a detailed abstract (in English or French, one page in length) of the paper. This should be prepared for blind refereeing, i.e. showing no information identifying the author or the author’s institutional affiliation.
Participants will be offered accommodation in the Collegio Giasone del Maino in Pavia (via Luino, 4). Travel expenses cannot be covered. No registration fees are required.