CFP: First International Conference on Philosophy and Meaning in Life
Submission deadline: April 15, 2018
August 20, 2018 - August 21, 2018
Center for Applied Ethics and Philosophy, Hokkaido University
We invite submissions concerning meaning in/of life as considered in the field of philosophy. Please send an abstract of no more than 500 words, prepared for blind review via Google forms
No registration fee is required.
Deadline: April 15th, 2018. Applicants will be notified of the result via email by the end of April.
Time for presentation: 30 minutes (including questions and answers).
Official language: English.
Potential topics may include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Philosophical approaches to meaning in/of life
* Meaning of life and death
* Anti-natalism and nihilism
* Metaphysical, spiritual, and religious implications of meaning of/in life theories
* Meaning in/of life in applied ethics, bioethics, and environmental ethics
* Meaning in/of life in various philosophical traditions (Analytic, Continental, Asian, etc.)
A detailed program including a time table and venues will be announced in May, 2018.