CFP: Special Issue of Synthese “Varieties of Entailment”
Submission deadline: July 31, 2018
Call for Papers for a Synthese special issue on:
Varieties of Entailment
Essays dedicated to the memory of Carolina Blasio
- Heinrich Wansing (Ruhr-University Bochum)
- Marco Ruffino (State University of Campinas)
Special Issue Description
On August 26, 2017, our colleague Carolina Blasio fell victim to a fatal car accident in Campinas, Brazil, only one day after successfully defending her PhD thesis "Sobre Noções de Consequência Generalizadas e Lógicas Plurivalentes" (On generalized notions of consequence and plurivalent logics) at UNICAMP (Brazil). She was a young and promising researcher, besides being the administrator of the Brazilian discussion group on Logic, an active member of the Brazilian LaTeX community, and a diligent feminist campaigner. This special issue is dedicated to her memory, and is concerned with topics in logic and philosophy of logic related to her fields of interest. These topics include:
• Generalized logical frameworks and logical pluralism / logical plurality
• The notion of a logical theory, the notion of theory in Logic
• Classes of consequence relations generalizing or revising the Tarskian approach to consequence
• Generalized notions of compositionality, analyticity, and truth-functionality
• Comparisons between abstract, truth-theoretic and proof-theoretic approaches to inferentialism (in metalogic) and the meaning of logical connectives
• Entailment-related solutions to the paradoxes
Contributions must be original and not under review elsewhere. Each submission should include a separate title page containing the contact details for the author(s), a brief abstract and list of five keywords. All papers will be subject to double-anonymous peer-review.
Manuscripts should be submitted online through the Synthese Editorial Manager:
Please choose the appropriate article type for your submission by selecting S.I. : Varieties of Entailment from the relevant drop down menu.
For further details on how to prepare the manuscripts, please follow the author guidelines available on the journal’s website:
For further information, please contact the guest editors.
The deadline for submissions is July 31st, 2018.