CFP: Descartes Lectures 2018, Tilburg (Linda Radzik: Social Punishment)
Submission deadline: June 18, 2018
December 12, 2018 - December 14, 2018
Department of Philosophy and Tilburg Center for Logic, General Ethics, and Philosophy of Science, Tilburg University
We invite submissions in the form of extended abstracts (up to 1000 words) by 18 June 2018. Notifications will be made by June 22, 2018. Unfortunately, we are not able to fund accommodation or travel-costs of those selected to present.
Relevant topics include but are not limited to:
- Theories of punishment and their application to social punishment.
- The nature and ethics of reactive attitudes such as resentment, contempt and indignation.
- The nature and ethics of blame.
- The ethics of public shaming.
- The ethics of social withdrawals, public rebukes and boycotts.
- Social punishment and the ethics of sociability.
- Social punishment online and in the digital society.
- Social punishment and political activism.
- Feminist theories of social punishment.
Abstracts should be sent to email@example.com. Please submit your abstract in an anonymized Word document and mention relevant personal information (name, affiliation and short biographical sketch) only in the body of your e-mail.