CFP: Perspectives on Scientific Error 2
Submission deadline: August 17, 2018
October 29, 2018 - October 30, 2018
Department of Theoretical Philosophy, University of Groningen
Perspectives on Scientific Error 2 (PSE 2)
Faculty of Philosophy
University of Groningen
29-30 October 2018
- Anna Dreber, Stockholm School of Economics
- Richard Morey, University of Cardiff
- Jacob Stegenga, University of Cambridge
Following the success of the first workshop, the second Perspectives on Scientific Error workshop will bring together an interdisciplinary group of researchers interested in issues of scientific error. Participants will share their views on how scientific errors can be detected and corrected, how they influence scientific communities, and the perception of science as a whole.
The topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- replicability of research findings
- statistical and social reforms to address error (e.g., Bayesian vs frequentist statistics, publication practices, incentive structures)
- evidence aggregation, meta-analysis, and evidence hierarchies
- error propagation and error correction
- values in science, and their impact on scientific error
- trust in science, science denial, etc.
Please submit an extended abstract (max 1000 words) and a short abstract (max 100 words) suitable for blind review until 17 August 2018 via the EasyChair review system (link on the conference website). The following categories are welcome:
Participants should indicate in EasyChair whether they want their presentation submission, if not accepted, to be considered for the poster session.
Dates and Deadlines
17 August: Submission Deadline
30 August: Notification of Acceptance
29-30 October: Workshop
Noah van Dongen (University of Turin)
Daniël Lakens (Eindhoven University of Technology)
Jan-Willem Romeijn (University of Groningen)
Felipe Romero(University of Groningen)
Jan Sprenger (University of Turin)
For further questions please contact us at email@example.com.